Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dr. Seuss Keepsake Blocks

I got this tutorial from Paper Phenomenon and it took me FOREVER to do it.  Mainly because I did both sets at the same time and I'm lazy and have a short attention span so I would work on it a bit and then not touch it again for months and do other projects.  I love the outcome though.  It's not hard to do but you get burned out if you try to do 2 at the same time.  I still want to make little stuffed Cat in the hat and Things 1&2 to go on the tops.  I haven't found the right pattern yet so for now the are "finished".  I added the larger drawer to the set.  Inside each block is 2 books that open and each book has 2 mini albums inside.  I placed pictures of Charlotte and Ruby's first year in the books.  I think it's actually supposed to be set up that each album with hold each month of pictures for the first year but my pictures didn't work out like that.  I will put their blanket and outfit they wore home from the hospital and such in the drawers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment