I'm finally catching up the ornaments for all the new members in the family. I used the cricut gypsy font.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
I would like to give her credit but didn't ask if she was ok with me posting her name online. I got this image from a facebook group I'm in. I'm not exactly sure how she got it so great. I know she used a few programs and her silhouette. I shrunk it a little and put it on my Nook cover. I love it! Now I gotta make my Mom one too! I would like to learn more about how to do this stuff. It's awesome!
I got this tutorial from Paper Phenomenon and it took me FOREVER to do it. Mainly because I did both sets at the same time and I'm lazy and have a short attention span so I would work on it a bit and then not touch it again for months and do other projects. I love the outcome though. It's not hard to do but you get burned out if you try to do 2 at the same time. I still want to make little stuffed Cat in the hat and Things 1&2 to go on the tops. I haven't found the right pattern yet so for now the are "finished". I added the larger drawer to the set. Inside each block is 2 books that open and each book has 2 mini albums inside. I placed pictures of Charlotte and Ruby's first year in the books. I think it's actually supposed to be set up that each album with hold each month of pictures for the first year but my pictures didn't work out like that. I will put their blanket and outfit they wore home from the hospital and such in the drawers.
I made this svg file and cut it with vinyl. I only had oracal 631 and I should have done it with 651. I will be ordering some 651 and making a whole set soon. This is my test. I think it turned out ok. I used acrylic paint inside the glass ornament. I watered it down slightly and just swished it around until it was covered.
Monday, December 30, 2013
Well this was our big Christmas project. I saw this here http://www.cupofautism.blogspot.com/2013/09/this-weekend-has-been-blast-we-made.html It was pretty easy to make. I sewed the cargo net (from Joann's fabric) and my husband cut the pvc and assembled it. We plan on getting slides for entrances and exits. Note that the pit is a little bigger than 4ftx4ft because of the connectors. Ours is like 53inchesx53inches and about 27 inches tall. Not sure how long the cargo net will hold but the entire family, including the dogs can fit in this thing! The girls LOVE it! It's only half full with about 2500 balls now but poor Ruby is neck deep so as of now we can't add anymore until she grows.
I used McCall's pattern #2991 to make our stockings this year. I think the embroidery font is called penguin but I'm not sure where I got it from. They are a bit small but I like how they turned out. I also stole the curtain rod hanging idea from Pinterest.
Poor Ruby got the leftovers from Charlotte's Dr. Seuss party. The only thing we did different was her outfit. I made her this cute dress. Sorry I have no idea where the pattern came from. I took ribbon and made bows for the shoulders and then took the rest on the roll and gathered it and then attached it to the bottom of the dress. I got the embroidery image from etsy and added her name with the Dr Seuss font.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
I have no pictures to post. I don't think my Project Life is fancy enough to post pictures yet. Maybe next year when I get a little more involved. I'm still a big layout scrapper but I wanted something for my cell phone pictures. You know, those pictures you like but they may not be the best quality. So far I have enjoyed how quickly I can get sections done but it will never replace my regular scrapbooking. If you've not looked into Project Life, it's worth it.
My sweet little puppy Piper, has chewed all the back pillows on my couch. Let's just say it's a good thing she's cute...That's about all she's got going for her lately. Hopefully she grows out of this chewing phase quickly. So even though she didn't chew the seats, with little ones I figured I might as well make slip covers. I quilted fitted slipcovers from sheets I bought at walmart. I just trimmed them to the shape of the pillows and ran elastic around it. I made pillows for the back and quilted shams and added Velcro on the back. That way I can remove everything and wash it when a kid spills something on it. It's not pretty, but it will do until everybody in my house grows up a little and I buy a new couch.
I found these finger puppet patterns on ETSY from the store OFNAH. You should check her out, she has some pretty cool stuff. These are the ones I've gotten done so far (Ninja Turtles, Disney Princess Mickey, Sesame Street, Monsters Inc. and some superheroes) Check out my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/croptasticcrafts I am selling some items there.
Well, I've been a little busy. I've been crafting just not posting. It's hard to make it to the computer to post things these days. We welcomed baby Lucas on 10/30/13! He is Charlotte and Ruby's half brother. We now have 4 kids, 3 that are under the age of two! So it may be a little harder for me to post things frequently, lol. Hopefully I can stay caught up.