Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I mustache you to my party!

Kayla wanted to have a mustache party this year for her birthday.  She didn't want me to spend much time on it because she knows how busy the babies keep me.  So as a surprise, I threw this together while she was at basketball.
The invite we just printed the words and used a mustache svg.

I made the banner, the water bottle covers and the mustache on a stick from svgs.
I embroidered her shirt and she made her tutu.



For her craft at the party the girls made these really cute mini top hat head bands.  Directions here: http://charmingink.com/2012/2/7/diy-mini-top-hat-tutorial.htmlI made the first two pictured above and Kayla made the red one.  I was able to snag a pic of one friend wearing her hat :) the rest got away before I remembered to snap a pic.  i had so much fun hanging out with the girls making the hats.  These seem to be getting popular with this age girls so I'm glad they were super easy to make.  She says to use fabric (tacky) glue on certain parts but i found it easier just to hot glue everything.  We also used head bands instead of ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment