Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dr. Seuss First Birthday!

I did Charlotte's first birthday in Dr. Seuss!  We had such a blast!  Here are some pics of the party!
I embossed the teal background with the d'vine swirl cuttlebug folder and this was my first attempt on doing the "print and cut" technique on SCAL for the hat and the characters.  Once I figured it out, it was pretty darn easy. This site helped me a bunch! http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/print-and-cut/print-and-cut-scal/
Hair bow directions from http://www.girlythingsbows.com/

This was super easy.  I just cut a paper party hat on SCAL (if you google it you will find a ton of free ones) and then cut my fabric about and inch bigger than the hat all the way around and I embroidered the 1, then assemble the paper hat as normal and glue on the fabric, tucking the raw edges inside the hat, then glue on trim!
Found the applique to embroider on ETSY.
Sorry I didn't take a closer pic.  I made lorax mustaches on a stick (googled a coloring page and converted into an SVG). The cupcakes are lorax trees made with tulle pom poms and striped straws.  The water bottles are covered with cute Dr. Seuss sayings I ordered and printed from ETSY.  I made the hats (google free birthday hat svg and tons pop up).  The banner is the Grinched font I downloaded and used on SCAL.  Kayla made the tutu for the high chair and I sewed the cover for the seat.

Here's an up close pic of the skirt.  The directions are here: http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/tutorial-the-layered-skirt.html


No comments:

Post a Comment