Saturday, May 14, 2011

National Scrapbooking Weekend

My friend over at http://www.stellapearlcrafts.blogspot.com/ and I went to a National Scrapbooking Day event Signed, Sealed and Delivered put on last weekend.  They had a "Survivor" theme.  Here are some pics from the event. 

We made these Cricut shirts and matching flip flops to wear to the crop.  The shirt is heat bond type vinyl from H&H sign supply. I used the Cricut Everyday cart for the circle head. The shoes are just flip flops tied with strips of bandannas cut with pinking shears so they don't fray.


This is a layout we got in a kit.  The first pic is the directions and I tweaked it a little and changed the sun, added the girl and the bucket.  I irocked the sun's eyes and the gems in the sand/bucket.  Bucket and girl were from H2O.  I think the sun and trees are from Life's a beach.  Don't you just LOVE the hammock?  Those ladies at SSD are awesome!

We won first place for the tribe sign!  Thanks to Missie K for the awesome name and Stella for a ton of hard work!

I think we got second place for our layout.  Each person got a bag of goodies and had to make a layout with it.

Here are some of the prizes/goodies we got there!




Here is my other layout I finished!  I was happy about the way this one turned out.  The sun, car, animals and clouds are from Create a critter.  I welded shapes together for the engine from George and basic shapes and then welded and thinned out the tracks from one of the paper doll carts.  I made everything in a chipboard base first, then covered it with my paper.  I used the peachy keen face stamps for the sun and the swirls cuttlebug fold for the clouds.  I also irocked it and used buttons.  I entered this in the cricut circle blog tic tac toe contest.  I used the top row: a sun, a welded image from my gypsy and buttons ( I also threw in a cuttlebug embossed item too!).

2 comments:

  1. Girl, we got first on the tribe sign. Stella rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO-super cute! Your tribal sign saying was perfect-congrats!

    ReplyDelete